Pheasantcrest - Millbrook, NY
This quaint English Tudor country farmhouse, complete with intricate woodcarvings, and stucco work, was originally built in 1899 as a gatehouse to the former Thorncrest estate. To show an appreciation for the historical value and culture of which it was built, the 1200 sf addition re-created the theme of the existing house by incorporating architectural salvaged materials.
At the interior, a new bridge link with a cupola perched above celebrated the linking of the existing to the new at the second floor. It also created a dramatic double heighted foyer with the bridge overlooking the space below.
A matching second gable was introduced at the exterior along with a new wrap-around porch complete with an exterior fireplace. Fountains and gravel sitting areas included at the landscaping phase made this 5 acre estate the perfect place for gathering and entertaining.